Sunday 13 February 2011

RETRO POSTER DESIGN

Retro poster design was a project where we were given several retro poster styles such as Propaganda and Pop Art and various companies to base the design on e.g. Ferrari, Swatch, Coca Cola. I chose Peroni Beer and aimed to design it in a Saul Bass way. I researched the charcater uses and drew it in my style. After creating my character I began thumbnailing ideas and researching into the Peroni company. On the website their tagline is 'Brings Out The Italian In You' so i kept this in mind and drew more thumbnails. My final idea is of my character drinking the Peroni Beer and gradually his body is filling up with the Italian flag. I recieved good feedback in the class criteria and changed little bits for the final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment