Sunday 13 February 2011

BEANEY MUSEUM- LIVE PROJECT

This was a live project where we were asked to design a poster for a local museum which was being refurbished and made much modern to attract people of all ages. The tagline for the poster was 'Hungry For Heritage' as it was being funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. I had one major inspiration for this project which was the artist Ralph Steadman, I have loved his work ever since secondary school. The way he uses splatters is so unique and even though it may look messy there is so much perfection in his work. From drawing classes in my Graphic Design class we were set a task to use photos from the Beaney building and create a collage out of them. I enjoyed this task alot and used the idea for my final poster. I scattered collage of the Beaney at the top of the page with tentacles feeding the 'public' parts of the museum. At the final crit the company loved my idea and gave it alot of praise but just didnt think it was suitable for the museum.




No comments:

Post a Comment