Sunday 13 February 2011

NARRATIVE IMAGE MAKING

We were asked to choose a well known fairy tale and put our own spin on it. I decided to go with 'Little Red Riding Hood'. The style of art I was influenced by in this project was comic book art. Especially the work of Frank Miller who had drawn and written the 'Sin City' comics. I first discovered his work from the 'Sin City' film, from then I've collected most of his books. His style of drawing in Sin City is very film noir and he only paints in black and white, some of the images he creates seem to baffle me as they seem almost impossible to immitate. This project really strengthed my drawing skills observationally and has made me use many different materials and techniques to create the perfect atmosphere.
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment